Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Only 4 weeks to go......

I have been meaning to up date my blog in the last couple of weeks but I have been travelling throughout Darfur and I have not had an opportunity to sit down at my computer and write a post. Also the Internet connectivity has been giving us a hard time as well.  I have been very busy with evaluations in South and West Darfur and I look forward to telling you all about my adventures.  There have been some interesting and trying times.  I arrived back from West Darfur yesterday and I am now heading to Khartoum this afternoon.  From there I will be spending the next week in Jordan.  When I return it will be time to start my check out process.  I cannot believe this Mission is winding down for me.  I have mixed feelings about leaving but I am also excited to return home and see everyone.  Anyway, I must run and finish packing before I have to catch my flight. Three new Canadian Military Officers have just arrived in Mission today so I need to spend some time getting them familiarized with this place.

In Kulbus (West Darfur) with some of the local women.

Dad this photo is for you.  I know you will appreciate the meat market.  It was not easy getting this photo as I was chased down by the GoS Military afterwards telling me that I could not use my camera.  I thought they were going to take my camera away from me.


Heading back to El Geneina from Kulbus.  My last helo ride or how many of the Africans say it Packa Packa.  Literally we are right on the Chad/Sudan border. This is one of the places I wanted to see before I left and luckily I was able to reach this destination.  As you can see it is much greener then El Fasher.


No comments:

Post a Comment