Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

The day has finally arrived....

I know many of you probably think I am already in Sudan and have forgotten to update my blog.  That is not the case.  I have been delayed for the last 6 weeks and I am still here in Calgary.  However, it is official (I have my plane ticket in hand).  I will be leaving for Ottawa tomorrow.  They will be training me and another member from the OPP for 3 days and then we will be on our way to Darfur (Sudan) on October 23rd.  I can’t believe it is actually here.  I can’t tell you how many times I have packed and repacked these last few weeks making sure I have everything I need.  How do you pack for 9 months?  Or better yet…what do you pack?  I guess I will find out pretty quick if I have forgotten something important.  I guess the worst case scenario would be having to wait 5-6 weeks for my first care package to arrive.   I will continue to keep you posted as things begin to evolve. 

I will be flying into the capital of Sudan, Khartoum, then flying to
El Fasher (Darfur) which is the region in green

No comments:

Post a Comment